Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Lampshade Re-Do for a Friend....

Last week I had the opportunity to visit
with my good friend Sharon. 
Sharon has a wonderful blog,
 During our visit I helped her out with a new cover for her
NAKED LAMPSHADE...


The lampshade was for a wonderful antique lamp
that Sharon's husband had purchased for his office.
When sharon asked him how he wanted the shade covered,
this was what he designed!


Do you like the fringe he designed?


Fist step was to line the shade. 
  I used a muslin fabric.



I Just hot glued everything.
  It looks like a BIG mess I know, but don't worry.
It will look a lot different once it is completely covered.


I then added bias tape to the inside edges to cover up any seams.


It's begining to look a lot better. 
 I was quite pleased with how the lining came out.
Sometimes I suprise myself!


I found this website for burlap HERE
 and suggested to Sharon that she order it.
So that's what she did.


Sharon had purchased some black gimp for the edges.



 Can you tell that my glue gun get a real workout! 
 It's a mess.
I guess that's a sign of a true crafter...

You can see how much neater the inside of the lampshade is
 with the bias tape covering the edges.


It was that easy. 
We had a great time visiting and also got a project done.
 Here's the new lampshade adorning the antique lamp.


Sharon's husband called to say thanks.
 He really liked the lampshade.
I think he likes it even better than the design he had in mind!


I also designed and made a new window treatment for his office.
Thought I would share it with you.



Next time you have an old lampshade
 or even a NAKED one,
 think about giving it a new look. 
I'll be linking up to the following sites...

6 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
the lampshade looks great, very professionally done!

hugs
Sissie

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Very cute!

Connie said...

great tutorial...coming to you from the under 100 linky party. I am happy to be your newest follower...please stop by my blog for book club if you're interested--connie, measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com

Sueann said...

The lampshade is very cool!!
Loved his rendition!!
I think it is great that he did that!
Hugs
SueAnn

Candy said...

Hope the Mr. is OK with taking second place on his redo. Love yours!
Another great glue gun adventure.
Blessings ;-)

sharon said...

I can tell you that The Mr. is very happy with his new lampshade.... and his window valance. They are simply perfection!

Sherry is ever generous with her time and many talents and I can't thank her enough for sharing them with us. She is an amazing woman. Its a privilege to call her friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails