Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Little Trim A Lot of Bling!

It's  an exciting day today.  I'm the "Guest  Speaker Blogger"  over at It's So Very Cheri, "I followed the Tute".  I'd love for you to stop on over and read my tutorial.  It's all about the "How To's" on recovering a lampshade.  You can see the transformation, first hand. 

Now for a quick and easy way to add a bit  of BLING to an ordinary lampshade.    We recently sold one of our lamps at the
 Tea Party Castle so we needed to bring in a new lamp.  While my partner Sharon painted the lamp, my job was to give the plain lampshade a bit of glamour.  What better, than to add a variety of PINK trims to glam up the lampshade!


The first step was to remove the green bias trim.  Here's a trick.....
Use the steam from an iron to loosen up the glue that holds the bias tape onto the lampshade.  This will help to avoid ripping the shade while removing the bias tape.


It came off fairly easy.  I removed the bias tape 
from the top and bottom.


I love this delicate pink rose floral trim.  I ran a bead of glue along the white bias tape at each corner of the lampshade.

Can you tell how much I use my glue gun?
the lampshade is already beginning to look better.


This is a totally Girly look....


Let's start adding the trim to the top of the lampshade... 
Use the hot glue for this. 
 Just be careful not to burn your fingers.


Now we're on a roll.  Just need to dress up the bottom of the shade.


I really liked the texture of this eyelash trim. 
It has tiny beads hanging for the trim.


Now for the reveal......  Ready?


Now let's turn on the light.....



Here's a close-up view of the trim...


The PINK trim adds such a delicate look...


This is such an easy way that you can give any ordinary lampshade in your house a  "one of a kind look".  It's inexpensive to do, and you will have the perfect lampshade that matches your decor.  Don't forget to stop by It's So Very Cheri.  If you enjoyed this post, I know you'll like my tutorial over there. I'll teach you how to totally recover a lampshade and make it a style all your own.  
I'll be linking this post to the following link parties...

40 comments:

DeeDee said...

Gesh!....I just love it. I am very girly when it comes to my home...thanks for the great tute also...beautiful shade

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sherry.. what a perfect fru fru lampshade! Love it!
Bella

Jo said...

Gorgeous!!!

Pink Princess said...

CUTE!! Heading over right now.
LOVE the shade ♥

fleurcottage said...

s.i.m.p.l.y gor-ge-ous!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I don't have much frilly stuff in my home because of hubs. This would be sooo perfect in my office/craft space. Where that space is all mine...lol

Sueann said...

Fabulous!!! They eyelash trim is a perfect compliment to what you have done with the shade.
Love it!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

very girly and pretty! love it! :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is totally gorgeous, Sherry! I would never have thought to come down the sides like that, but that little rosette trim really adds to the shade.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Very sweet, I love the shape of that shade - so unique

Stop over to Pandora's Box to enter a giveaway! patti

Creations By Cindy said...

It turned out darling....but I really like your glue gun! HA! Be blessed. Cindy

Connie said...

That is pinkalicious. I love how that turned out.

Connie said...

I just posted about your lampshade on my blog. I hope you are ok with that. I think it is just beautiful.

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

Gosh Sherry, isn't that sweet??? I think our glueguns are related...they look a lot alike!
Tres Girlufique!
Sparkly Hugs,
Tobi and the Pixies!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Love it! The lamp is sooooo pretty!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

lovely lamp! job well done..

sharon said...

Love it...love it!! The lamp base is painted pale pink with roses....can't wait to see the shade perched on top.

Anonymous said...

This would be perfect for my Dd's room! I ma your new Friend from the girl creative. Very cute blog!

Ocean said...

Following you from New Friend Friday! :)

Unknown said...

Love the transformation, Sherry! Your took it from plain to pink perfection!

Cheers!
Tina

Lenore said...

Now, that is one fabulous girly lamp shade.
Thanks for the tutorial.

Recaptured Charm said...

That shade is amazingly adorable!!

Lori said...

This lampshade is wonderful! I really like it.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party!

Crystal said...

How cute!! I just love trim....if only I could get the dog to stand still long enough!!! It looks so good!

PC said...

I just finished a wreath! WOO HOO I also did the cans - what a great creative outlet. Thank you for the video and great ideas. You can see it at http://bucketideas.blogspot.com/
I also linked your blog in thepost. I love your lampshades - when I have a few minutes I am coming back to explore your blog more. Thanks again! Paula from Idaho

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Sherry, this is beautiful! Great job.
xo Tami

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

That is really beautiful and a perfect example of small touches that make a big difference. Thanks so much for linking up!

Tiffanee said...

Wow! It is so gorgeous!! Love it. Happy Pink Saturday!!

Unknown said...

What a really fun lampshade. It is is just darling!

Olivia said...

Oh this is so so pretty, i love it
if you have a chance stop by I am giving away a free pretty teapot
http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com
Hugs, Hugs, Hugs,
Olivia

junkermidge said...

Adorable! I love it! And great tip on removing the old trim.
Midge

Sherry from Alabama said...

How lovely! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Maggie said...

I LOVE this! I think I could even do this!

Sorry for being here so late today- my son is at the prom and we spent all day getting ready... and who said boys were low maintenance? haha!

Have a super week!

In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

So Pretty! Love all the trim you used especially the one on the bottom!

Valrie said...

The lampshade came out so pretty!

Love that pink!

Valrie
http://poemsmyway-valrie.blogspot.com

Jess said...

That turned out so cute and so girly! Thanks so much for linking to Favorite Things Friday!

CC said...

Sherry,
The lampshade is beyond simply gorgeous..you've somehow reached a whole new scale ogf girly and lovely. I loved the other lampshade as well,but this is my favorite..and ooo,the apron below. How very talented you are.. Happy Pinks..tho I'm running 2 days late..

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is so cute. It would be perfect in Miss G4s room

Cheri

avisiontoremember said...

That looks great. Thanks for sharing at check me out saturday www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

Barbara Jean said...

all just too too sweet.

blessings

barbara jean

Related Posts with Thumbnails